Terms and Conditions of Service
AGE RESTRICTIONS AND DRIVER’S PERMISSION
- The minimum age of the driver is 21 years.
- The driver must hold a driving licence approved in Spain and in force for at least one year.
- Drivers under 25 years of age must take out an additional insurance of 4€ per day (minimum 12€ and maximum 48€ per contract).
- Drivers over 25 years of age and under 75 years of age with a driving licence between 1 and 4 years of age must an additional insurance of 4€ per day (minimum 12€ and maximum 48€ per contract)
- Drivers over 75 years of age must take out an additional insurance of 4€ per day mar(minimum 12€ and maximum 48€ per contract).
DOCUMENTATION TO BE SUPPLIED AT TIME OF VEHICLE DELIVERY
- Booking voucher
- Driver’s license
- Bank card in his name. The payment methods accepted are: debit card, Visa or MasterCard credit. More information
- A valid national identification card or passport.
INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL PRICE.
- VAT, fees and local taxes.
- Damage (CDW) and theft coverage with excess,(consult “not included” in the amount of the excess).
- Car passenger insurance
- Two-hour courtesy window for returning the vehicle.
- Direct Returning Service: We will give you the car full of gas and you must return it full.
- GPS: Subject to availability. Deposit 50€.
- Total Damage Insurance: Insurance will cover damage to wheels, windows.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL PRICE:
- Additional driver: It is possible to add additional drivers that will be covered equally by insurance. However, there will be an additional charge of 6 euros per each additional driver up to a maximum of 3 additional drivers per Rental Agreement (minimum 12 euros and maximum 48 euros for each one). All Customers and/or authorized drivers will be jointly liable for all Customer obligations arising from the agreement and the laws applicable within said agreement.
- Baby/child seats and booster seats: 2.25 euros per day for each seat delivered and per contract (minimum 13.5 euros and maximum 54 euros for each) The installation of these will always be the responsibility of the client.
In the event of an accident or damage to the vehicle, it is mandatory that the client fills out an accident/damage report and delivers it to our office. Likewise, in case of theft of the vehicle, the client is obliged to report it to the Police and hand in the report in our office, as well as returning the key to the vehicle. solhires is not responsible for the commissions charged by your bank, if any.
For each accident or damage report processing solhires has to do, an additional 50€ (VAT included) will be charged for the processing of the accident. If the insurance determines that the incident was not the responsibility of the Client, the 50€ (VAT included) will be refunded.
solhires reserves the right to modify any of the previous points in case it is considered necessary to guarantee the safety of the vehicle.
PURPOSE OF THE RENTAL AGREEMENT
The rental of a car is not necessarily tied to any particular vehicle but to a group of similar vehicles with similar technical and comfort features.
The Customer acknowledges receiving the vehicle as described in the agreement, clean and with maintenance and operating conditions, damages, fuel level and auxiliary equipment specified, which if not referenced the vehicle is to be considered suitable for use.
DURATION OF AGREEMENT
The duration of the Rental Agreement will appear on the front, specifying the date and time of delivery and return of the vehicle.
A rental day refers to a period of 24 hours beginning with the release of the rental plus a grace period of 120 minutes for the vehicle’s return.
The maximum duration of the Rental Agreement will be 89 days.
If the Customer decides to terminate the rental before the date specified on the Rental Agreement, they will not be reimbursed for an early return.
Additionally, if solhires unilaterally terminates the rental prior to the date specified on the Rental Agreement for reasons not attributable to the renter, and formally requests the return of the vehicle and it is delivered, the Customer is entitled to receive compensation from solhires in an amount corresponding to double what was paid for the remaining days the vehicle would have still been in use under the Rental Agreement.
USE OF THE VEHICLE
The Customer promises to maintain the vehicle in good condition and, in particular, without prejudice to the obligations that may be contained in other provisions of this Rental Agreement, such as:
- Diligently use and operate the vehicle, respecting Traffic Laws, Circulation of Motor Vehicles, Road Safety Measures and all other applicable regulations. Any damage to the rental vehicle caused by negligence or failure to abide by the rules will not be covered by insurance.
- Without limiting the generality of the provisions in the preceding paragraph, the vehicle may not be driven while under the influence of alcohol, narcotics, psychotropic drugs, stimulants or other similar substances nor in states that diminish one’s ability to drive, such as fatigue or illness, nor may the vehicle be driven by one who is in a similar state.
- Do not use the vehicle for illegal purposes.
- Do not allow the vehicle to be driven by anyone other than the Customer or additional drivers specified on the front page of the Rental Agreement.
- Do not carry more passengers than those specified by the vehicle manufacturer or permitted by law, or transport animals.
- Do not use the vehicle to move, push or tow other vehicles, trailers or objects.
- Do not drive on roads or in other places that, given their poor condition, may cause damage to the vehicle.
- Do not use the vehicle in competitions, contests, training or resistance testing of materials, accessories or automotive products.
- Do not use gasoline or another fuel of a certain quality or with characteristics that are not appropriate or do not conform to the manufacturers’ specifications for each type of vehicle.
- Properly park and lock the vehicle when not in use.
- Do not use the vehicle to load or transport goods of any kind, or install a roof rack without authorization.
- Do not manipulate the vehicle odometer in any way.
- Do not use the vehicle for the public transport of passengers, or to provide driving courses or courier services, or for the delivery of goods, or for commercial or industrial activities, or for any activity that involves subleasing the vehicle.
- Do not transfer the vehicle off the Iberian Peninsula (excluding Gibraltar and Portugal) unless prior written authorization to do so has been obtained from solhires.
- The Customer must have been in possession of a valid driver’s license valid in Spain for a minimum period of 1 year prior to rental, with the Customer being directly responsible for these facts, thus maintaining the indemnity of solhires under any and all circumstances.
The Customer is directly responsible for any damage to the vehicle or to third parties in the case of the vehicle’s misuse.
Any occurrence which violates the provisions of this Rental Agreement shall be construed as vehicle misuse in which case the Customer will be liable for all damages caused to the vehicle as well as any damages or harm caused to solhires.
RETURNING THE VEHICLE
The return of the vehicle shall occur at the branch, at the date and time stipulated on the Rental Agreement. The vehicle will be returned by the Customer in the same condition in which it was rented, along with all documents, auxiliary equipment, tires, tools and accessories.
The Customer may not alter any of the vehicle’s technical characteristics, keys, equipment, tools and/or accessories thereof, or modify its exterior and/or interior. If such is done, the Customer shall bear all expenses required to return the car to its original state, without prejudice to the harm done to solhires derived from the reconditioning of the car for the period it must be immobilized, as well as to other damages caused to solhires.
Return/late delivery of the vehicle: If the vehicle is returned by the Customer at any date, time or place other than that specified in the Rental Agreement, an extra day of rent at the current daily rate will be charged for each day or portion of a day the return of the vehicle is delayed. A grace period of 120 minutes is granted for the return of the vehicle beyond the scheduled return time. Likewise, a penalty of 35 euros will be charged for each day the return is delayed.
If the Customer returns or leaves the vehicle in any place different than that specified in the Rental Agreement, solhires may demand reimbursement for costs incurred for transfers, towing, tolls, storage or safekeeping.
Should solhires delay in the delivery of the vehicle by more than 120 minutes from the signing of the Rental Agreement, the Customer will be compensated with an extra day at the daily rate in effect for each day or portion of day that the delivery of the vehicle is delayed. Likewise, a penalty of 35 euros will be charged for each day of delay.
EXTENDING THE DURATION OF THE RENTAL AGREEMENT
If the Customer wishes to extend the rental period, they may do so in person at any of the solhires offices in order to sign for an extension of the period and make any applicable payments. This extension is subject to vehicle availability. It is not possible to extend any Rental Agreement via telephone, email or text message.
A unilateral extension by the Customer shall be considered an unauthorized use of the vehicle for the purposes of the Customer’s responsibility for any damage to the vehicle and will also be treated as a non-return of the vehicle at the agreed upon time.
PROCESS FOR RETURNING THE VEHICLE AND FUEL
The process for returning the vehicle includes verifying that the vehicle is returned in its original condition. To do so, solhires technicians perform management control in which two elements will essentially be verified: the condition of the car in terms of any damage that the vehicle may have suffered during the rental period the fuel level and mileage.
A. Condition of the vehicle
The vehicle must be returned by the Customer in the same condition in which it was delivered. Our staff will inspect the condition of the vehicle and note any new damage. You will be required to consent to and sign a damage inspection report.
If the vehicle is not returned in the same condition, the Customer will also be required to provide compensation for the vehicle’s downtime as a result of the damage suffered. Please refer to the section, “return of the vehicle”.
The vehicle will be delivered with a full tank of fuel and must be returned full. Should the vehicle not be returned with a full tank, the Customer must pay 35 euros in penalties and service fees required for refueling.
If you are going to do more than 2000 Km during your booking you will have to come to our office to change your car. If not, we will charge 2€ per kilometer exceeded.
- The payment methods accepted are: debit card, Visa or MasterCard credit.
- Payment by cash, smartphone, bank check or wire transfer will not be accepted.
- The holder of the bank card with which the rental payment is made must be the contract holder and the contract holder must be present at the time of car collection.
- Only one bank card can be used per contract and must be nominative.
- The card holder, who will be the same as the contract holder, will be responsible for the payment of any extra caused by the additional drivers of the contract.
- The payer will be responsible for knowing the PIN of bank card if you pay with a card that includes this technology.
- The payer must ensure that his bank card has sufficient funds at the time of collection of the vehicle to be able to cover the rental costs with all the options contracted and also, if appropriate, block the amount of pre-authorization for the group of vehicle rented.
- In the case of special and high-end vehicles, two credit cards will be requested to guarantee the rental.
At the time of collection of the vehicle and payment of the rental, solhires will collect the rental charges to be paid at the counter on the bank card of the contract holder.
The following will be the Customer’s responsibility and therefore charged by solhires:
- Fines: The Customer is responsible for the payment of fines for traffic violations, illegal parking or other infractions which have occurred during the vehicle rental period and during the time said Customer has had the rental in their possession until the actual return of the vehicle. solhires will charge an amount of 30 euros (VAT included) for management and processing expenses as they are obliged to inform the relevant authorities and provide them with Customer and Rental Agreement data within the established statutory period. This fee does not include the payment of the fine.
- Special vehicle cleaning: The rental price includes a standard cleaning of the vehicle. However, if the vehicle requires special cleaning due to it having been returned in an inadequate state, solhires will be forced to charge an amount of up to 150 euros.
- The Customer is solely responsible for the cost or difference in value of any spare wheel, tires, tools, accessories, documentation, keys or radio equipment found at the end of the rental period to be missing from the vehicle or substituted for, as these circumstances are expressly not covered by any insurance policy.
- The costs of repairing damages to the vehicle in case of accident, when:
- The vehicle was not used in accordance with established usage conditions
- The accident report was not completed and sent to solhires within the stipulated period or did not conform to the reality of the facts produced.
- If no corresponding additional Insurance was acquired
- You can refer to the value of damages at the end of our website.
HOW TO CANCEL YOUR BOOKING WITH ONLINE PAYMENT
- If the reservation is cancelled more than 48 hours before the time of delivery of the vehicle, all charges will be refunded.
- If the booking is cancelled less than 48 hours before the pick up time, no funds will be refunded.
- If it is a non-refundable offer, no refund is possible
The Customer and any other authorized driver are insured under the Automobile Insurance Policy, a copy of which is at your disposal at any solhires office where vehicles are rented. This policy includes Civil Liability for damage to third parties arising from the use and circulation of the vehicle.
Additionally, vehicle damage in case of collision, theft, unintentional fire or vandalism will be covered so long as the following conditions are met:
- The Customer notifies solhires regarding the incident within a period of 24 hours and provides the necessary documentation, such as: an accident report completed and signed by both parties, information on possible witnesses, a report to the authorities, etc.
- The insurance company does not reject the claim on the grounds that the driver did not meet the physical and psychological conditions required by the Highway Code.
- The incident has not taken place due to misuse of the vehicle.
The insurance will cover damage to wheels, windows, clutch, undercarriage, battery, towing service, fuel error and loss of the key. These coverages and guarantees will only be valid if the Customer complies with the conditions set out above for own damage to the vehicle.
Customer agrees to immediately inform solhires of any casualty that has occurred or damage caused to the rental vehicle, to immediately transmit to them any letters, citations or notifications that relate to the incident and to fully collaborate with solhires and the insurance company during the investigation in the defense of any claims or processes. It is mandatory that the Customer duly present the compiled accident or damage report within a maximum period of 24 hours after the event’s occurrence. In particular, if an accident occurs, the Customer will take the following steps:
- Obtain the full details of the persons involved in the accident, as well as potential witnesses, a sketch of the accident and data on the other vehicle (license plate, model, insurance company, and policy number whenever possible, etc).
- Transmit with utmost urgency to the Lessor the data acquired as referred to in the preceding paragraph and any other details regarding the accident.
- Immediately notify the authorities if the other party is guilty and should be investigated or if someone is wounded.
- Do not leave the vehicle without taking adequate measures to protect and safeguard it.
In case of fire, vandalism, theft or disappearance of the vehicle, the Customer agrees to immediately notify solhires with the facts and file the appropriate complaint with the authorities.
APPROVED CAR SEATS AND BOOSTERS FOR CHILDREN
The Customer shall report to solhires the need to use any mandatory restraint device approved for children under three years of age or older who do not exceed a height of 150 centimeters upon payment of the corresponding rental fee and before securing it in the vehicle. The Customer is, in any case, fully responsible for the installation of the device. In any case, solhires will be free from any possible liability for personal injury or property damage arising from a breach by the Customer of the obligation to use the mandatory retention device, or its installation, or misuse by the Customer or any possible manufacturing defect of the aforementioned device.
RIGHT OF CANCELLATION
solhires reserves the right to cancel the reservation before the delivery of the vehicle and/or to terminate the Contract in advance, with immediate effect and without any compensation to the customer in this respect.
solhires is not responsible for items stolen, forgotten or lost inside the vehicle.
The Special Conditions appended to this Rental Agreement must be accepted and signed by the Customer.
This Rental Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Spanish law. solhires declares its intention to amicably resolve any differences. If this is not possible, any disagreement arising between solhires and the Customer shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the place where the rental was initiated.
The Customer may submit claims or complaints to the following address: calle cornisa 6-14, 29620 Torremolinos Málaga.
Translations of these terms and conditions are offered for informational purposes only and the specific wording is not legally binding. Only the Spanish version is valid.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
In agreement with the provisions of Law 15/1999, dated December 13th, Protection of Personal Data, we inform you about the inclusion of your personal data in a file owned by solhires with the purpose of facilitating services related to the rental and/or sale of vehicles. Also, we inform you that solhires has adopted all necessary technical and organizational measures to guarantee the security of personal data and avoid its alteration, treatment or unauthorized access, and to take into consideration the state of the technology, the nature of the data stored and the risks to which they are exposed, all in conformity with the provisions of Royal Decree 1720/2007, dated December 21st and approved by the Regulatory Decree regarding data protection. Additionally, we request permission to send you informative communications via mail / fax / email regarding the products and services offered by our company. Please note that your data will be transferred, by law, to Law Enforcement and Security Agencies of the State to prevent crime and ensure national security. The interested party may at any time exercise their rights of access, correction, deletion or dispute of their data by writing to the following address: calle cornisa 6-14 Torremolinos 29620 (Málaga), or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 © Copyright Solhires